Both the CHEO Research Institute and the Pennington Biomedical Research Center (part of Louisiana State University) have as part of their respective missions the desire to improve the health of children through research on physical activity, obesity and health living. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) they have entered into represents a collaborative research initiative focused on establishing a joint research effort for the promotion of healthy active living in children and youth.
The goals of the MOU will be carried out through a number of activities and programs including:
- Exchange of faculty members/researchers
- Exchange of students
- Joint research activities
- Participation in international seminars and academic meetings
- Exchange of academic materials and other information
- Special short-term academic programs