Ms. Jessica McNeil
Degrees and Certifications:
- B.Sc. in Human Kinetics – University of Ottawa
- M.Sc. in Human Kinetics – University of Ottawa
- Certified Exercise Physiologist – Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Health Care Provider, First Aid and CPR certified – City of Ottawa
- Dr. Jean-Philippe Chaput
- Dr. Éric Doucet
Ph.D. in Human Kinetics – University of Ottawa
Examining the effects of sleep and exercise on satiety efficiency, food reward and energy intake in adults
- The link between sleep and obesity
- The effects of exercise on sleep and eating behaviors
- Cognitive factors that affect eating behaviors, such as food reinforcement and disinhibition eating behavior trait.
Activities and Contributions:
- Executive committee member of the Canadian Obesity Network Students and New Professionals, University of Ottawa Chapter.
- President of the Human Kinetics Graduate Student Association at the University of Ottawa.
- Invited Speaker for a “Sleep management workshop” organized by the Sandy Hill Community Centre.
- Invited Speaker for an Ottawa-Maringa academic meeting organized for health professionals and graduate students at the University of Maringa in Brazil – Presentation titled: “How sleep and exercise impacts energy balance and weight loss: An overview of current findings and research tools”.
- ICS Travel award (2012 and 2013) – Canadian Institutes for Health Research
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2010-2011 and May 2013-Present) – Government of Ontario
- Doctorate Admission Scholarship (January 2012-Present)
- Masters Admission Scholarship (September 2009-August 2011)
I grew up in Edmundston, New-Brunswick, but later moved to Ottawa and completed my B.Sc. and M.Sc. at the University of Ottawa in Human Kinetics. Outside of school, I enjoy biking, skiing, running and hiking. I am also an avid traveler, whether it be for school (Academic conferences have brought me to Vancouver and Edmonton in Canada, Liverpool in the United Kingdom, Orlando and Washington in the United States and Maringa in Brazil) or for fun (volunteering in Punakaiki, New Zealand and touring the rest of New Zealand thereafter).