Ms. Stephanie Prince-Ware
Degrees and Certifications:
- BSc Honours Human Kinetics (University of Ottawa)
- MSc in Community Health and Epidemiology (Queen’s University)
- Certified Fitness Consultant (Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology), 2002-2004.
- Doctoral Research Scholarship, University of Ottawa, $4,200/tuition, Winter 2010-Spring 2011.
- Doctoral Fellowship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), $26,668, 2009-2010.
- Excellence Scholarship, University of Ottawa, $6,228/tuition, 2009-2010.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, $15,000 [Award declined (see SSHRC award)], 2009-2010.
- Excellence Scholarship, University of Ottawa, $6,000/tuition, 2008-2009.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship, Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, $15,000, 2008-2009.
- Doctoral Research Scholarship, University of Ottawa, $18,000 + tuition, 2008-2010
- Conference Student Award, Association of Public Health Epidemiologists in Ontario, $200, October 2007.
- Obesity Boot Camp Trainee, Canadian Obesity Network – National award, $2,000/travel and accommodation, August 2007.
Dr. Denis Prud’homme and Dr. Mark Tremblay
Built and social environmental determinants of physical activity, overweight & obesity in City of Ottawa neighbourhoods
Stephanie completed her BSc with honours in Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa where she completed her honours project under the direction of Dr. Glen Kenny looking at VO2max response to aerobic and strength training in diabetic adults. Her master’s thesis under the supervision of Dr. Joan Tranmer and Dr. Ian Janssen looked at the influence of waist circumference and body mass index on physical functioning in older persons with heart failure. She is currently being supervised by Dr. Denis Prud’homme and Dr. Mark Tremblay in the Population Health PhD Program and joined the HALO team in 2007.
I love organized sports and play soccer, ice hockey, floor hockey, and ringette on a regular basis. I am also an avid downhill skier and enjoy being active in the outdoors. I am now turning most of attention when not playing sports and working on my dissertation to teaching my son Evan how to enjoy the outdoors and am excited to start teaching him how to skate this year!