Are you interested in working with a leading national charitable organization in advancing knowledge, evidence-informed communication and advocacy strategies – to influence stakeholders who affect physical activity opportunities for children and youth?
Help Power the Movement to get Kids Moving!
Application Deadline: February 3rd, 2013
Title: Program Lead – Active Healthy Kids Canada
Status: Full-time permanent
ParticipACTION is the national voice of physical activity and sport participation in Canada. ParticipACTION has a strategic partnership with Active Healthy Kids Canada. This position will be seconded by ParticipACTION to Active Healthy Kids Canada.
Active Healthy Kids Canada is a national not-for-profit organization established in 1994 with a mission to inspire the country to engage all children and youth in physical activity. We provide expertise and direction to policy-makers and stakeholders on how to increase physical activity for Canadian children and youth, and effectively allocate resources and attention to the issue. Our vision is to create a nation of active healthy kids.
Reporting to the CEO of Active Healthy Kids Canada, The program lead position will be responsible for the overall project management of the Active Healthy Kids Canada Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth, Canada’s most comprehensive yearly assessment of physical activity opportunities for Canadian children and youth and for coordinating the 2014 Global Summit on Physical Activity of Children planned for May 19-22, 2014.
1. Project Planning Leadership and Management of Strategic Initiatives
- Develop, monitor, track and update work plans for all initiatives
- Oversee project team and suppliers to ensure deliverables are met
- Mobilize support from strategic partners to accomplish deliverables as per annual contract
- Manage the development, design, production and distribution of project specific materials
- Manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of strategic initiatives
2. Financial Management
- Develop and manage budgets for all initiatives
- Investigate and collect supplier quotes, identify key deliverables and expectations of external suppliers and process invoices
3. Support for Business Development
- Conduct research and prepare materials to support business development
- Work with the CEO in proposal planning and development
- Draft official interim and final reports as required
4. Administrative Systems and Support
- Coordinate meeting logistics (including the Board of Directors and a work group of leading Canadian Researchers), prepare and circulate meeting materials and minutes and liaise with attendees as needed
- Maintain accurate organizational, records and files, manually and electronically
- Respond to all telephone and on-line inquiries and draft correspondence
5. Other duties as assigned
- Represent the interests of AHKC to various stakeholders and at promotional venues as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Physical and Health Education / Promotion, Health Sciences or related discipline, graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in the planning and execution of projects, programs, events, and leading meetings/work teams is required
- Knowledge of the health and physical activity sector is required
- Experience with marketing and public relations strongly preferred
- Experience monitoring budgets, coordinating communications and working with external suppliers and clients is necessary
- Effective project management skills and ability to multi-task are required
- Ability to analyze evaluation results and write reports required
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation and relationship management skills are required
- Event planning and management experience an asset
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Bilingualism is an asset
- The salary for this position ranges between 45K to 55K plus benefits commensurate with education and experience
Please send your resume and covering letter to HR@participACTION.com
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest in ParticipACTION and Active Healthy Kids Canada; however only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
77 Bloor St. W., Suite 1205
Active Healthy Kids Canada