Degrees and Certifications
- Masters of Science, Interdisciplinary Health Sciences, M.Sc. University of Ottawa
- Bachelor Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Ph.D. in Population Health, University of Ottawa
Screen time, Social media, and Mental Health among Children and Youth: Impact, Mechanisms, and Interventions.
- Screen time and mental health among children and youth
- Healthy active living
- Physical activity interventions
- Children and youth risk behaviours
I was born and grew up in Lebanon, I obtained my bachelor degree in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Damascus University. I moved to Canada where I completed my master degree in Interdisciplinary Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa. My M.Sc. thesis was entitled “Role of Omega-3 Unsaturated Fatty Acids in the Postpartum Depression: Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis”. I am currently enrolled into the PhD program in Population Health at the University of Ottawa and joined the HALO team in September 2017. Outside of work and school I enjoy hiking, gardening, cooking, organizing and crafting with my kids.