At the 3rd Canadian Obesity Summit, which was held in Vancouver from May 1-4, HALO researchers made a total of 17 poster and oral presentations of their research. Details of the posters and presentations are below.
- Kevin Belanger, Peter Breithaupt, Zachary Ferraro, Nick Barrowman, Jane Rutherford, Stasia Hadjiyannakis, Rachel Colley.Â Do Obese Children Perceive Submaximal and Maximal Exertion Differently?
- Jean-Philippe Chaput, Michael Borghese, Travis Saunders, Marie-Eve Mathieu, MĂŠlanie Henderson, Mark Tremblay, Jennifer O’Loughlin.Â Combined Associations Between Moderate to Vigorous Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Children.
- Annick Buchholz, Jane Rutherford, Charmaine Mohipp, Laurie Clark, Kristi Adamo, Gary Goldfield, Stasia Hadjiyannakis.Â The Medical and Mental Health Status of Children and Youth With Severe Complex Obesity.
- Zachary Ferraro, Kate Boehm, Laura Gaudet, Kristi Adamo. Counselling About Gestational Weight Gain and Healthy Lifestyle During Pregnancy: Canadian Maternity Care Providersâ Self-Evaluation.
- Zachary Ferraro, Qing Qiu, Andree Gruslin, Kristi Adamo.Â Maternal Obesity and Excessive Gestational Weight Gain Alter the Maternal-Fetal Insulin-Like Growth Factor Axis.
- Kristi Adamo, Kimberley Grattan, Alysha Harvey, Patti-Jean Naylor, Viviene Temple, Shanna Wilson, Gary Goldfield.Â Does a Physical Activity Daycare Intervention Impact Body Composition and Gross Motor Skills? A Pilot Randomized Control Trial.
- Shanna Wilson, Zachary Ferraro, Gary Goldfield, Stasia Hadjiyannakis, Ăric Doucet, Kristi Adamo.Â Appetite Signaling Proteins, Glucose and Appetite Sensations in Obese Adolescents with Subclinical Binge Eating Disorder.
Â Oral Presentations
- Kristi Adamo, Rhonda Bell, Zachary Ferraro, Laura Gaudet, AndrĂŠe Gruslin, Helena PiccininiâVallis, Christian Rueda-Clausen.Â Obesity & Fetal Programming:Â How Important Is 9 Months Anyway?.
- Anna Aylett, Annick Buchholz, Laurie Clark, Stasia Hadjiyannakis, Jane Rutherford.Â 5A’s of Pediatric Obesity Management.
- Jean-Philippe Chaput.Â Plenary Hot Topics & Controversies: Is it Time to Address Lack of Sleep in Health Promotion?
- Sonia Jean-Philippe.Â Comparison of Pregnant Nulli- and Multiparous Women Attitude to Weight Gain.
- Zachary Ferraro.Â Maternal Lipid Metabolism Correlates With Surrogate Markers of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Bioavailability in Maternal and Umbilical Cord Serum.
- Kendra Brett.Â The Characterization of Fatty Acid Transport Protein 4 in Third Trimester Placentas from Lean and Obese Pregnancies.
- Kristi Adamo.Â Plenary Hot Topics & Controversies: Is it Time to Limit Weight Gain in Pregnancy?
- Mark Tremblay.Â Plenary Hot Topics & Controversies: Is Sitting Around Killing Us?
- Stasia Hadjiyannakis.Â The Edmonton Obesity Staging System for Pediatrics (EOSS-P): A Proposed Clinical Staging System for Pediatric Obesity.
- Kendra Brett, on behalf of Dr. Andree Gruslin.Â The Placenta: an instigator.